A Cool Salad for a Hot Day!
When temperatures rise in the desert, nothing tastes better than a refreshing summer salad!!
Fresh Mixed Vegetable/Feta Salad is a make-ahead dish that is sure to please. It is a perfect compliment to grille salmon or chicken.
Be sure to chill for at least one hour before serving. Your tastebuds will be elated and your appetite sated.
2 cups Cucumbers - peeled and diced
11/2 cups Tomatoes - seeded and diced
1/2 cup Green Peppers - seeded and diced
1/4 cup Red Onion - chopped finely
1/4 cup Italian Parsley - chopped finely
1/2 cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
1 TBSP Lemon Juice
2 TBSP Olive Oil
Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
Italian Parsley sprigs (optional - for garnish)
Greek Olives (optional - for garnish)
1) Combine the diced cucumbers and tomatoes, chopped green peppers, red onion and Italian parsley in a medium size bowl.
2) Combine, in a small bowl, the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and cracked pepper. Mix Thoroughly an set aside.
3) Chill mixed veggies and dressing for about one hour.
4) At serving time, mix the veggies, crumbled feta and dressing and toss lightly.
5) Serve with a garnish of Italian Parsley or Olives.